"Shannen Doherty, renowned for her roles in 'Beverly Hills, 90210' and 'Charmed,' passes away at 53"

Shannen Doherty, renowned for her roles in 'Beverly Hills, 90210' and 'Charmed,' passes away at 53

Shannen Doherty, a child actor who rose to fame in the 1990s as a star of the high school drama “Beverly Hills, 90210,” passed away on Saturday after battling breast cancer for several years.

“It is with a heavy heart that I confirm the passing of actress Shannen Doherty. On Saturday, July 13, she lost her battle with cancer after many years of fighting the disease,” stated her publicist, Leslie Sloane.

She was 53 years old.



Doherty was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 2015, achieving remission two years later. Unfortunately, the cancer returned. In February 2020, court documents from a lawsuit Doherty filed against her insurance company over home damage revealed she was in Stage 4 breast cancer, which had metastasized and become incurable.

“It’s a bitter pill to swallow in a lot of ways,” Doherty told “Good Morning America” at the time. “There are definitely days where I say, ‘Why me?’ And then I go, ‘Well, why not me? Who else besides me deserves this?’ None of us do.

In June 2023, Shannen Doherty shared an emotional post on Instagram, disclosing that her cancer had spread to her brain earlier in the year.

“On January 5th, my scan showed Mets in my brain,” Doherty wrote, accompanying a video of herself undergoing radiation treatment.

Post a Comment

0 Comments